
I ran into you yesterday
We had not seen each other in a long time
It did not take you long to remember my name
We were both surprised
You have changed, yet you are still the same
You look different, you tell me
You look taller, I say
Trouble, srceams my insides
I know I should just walk away
But your blue eyes still captivate me
Remember what we do not talk about
It is a subject we won't say
Bettter are the times unspoken
I keep my distance for I do not dare draw closer to you
As a question, I mention something about a friend
Silence follows your comment
I know you, and you see the knowing in my eyes
Betrayal chokes me beneath the surface of my heart
Bye, I tell you
Yeah, see you around right?
I walk away
I let you go
I am no bitter, I do not hate you anymore
But I just want you to know
This is the last time
I say good-bye to YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment