Sunday, October 01, 2006

Blackened Rose

Blackened Rose

Had to suffocate before I could breath.
And I don't know what I have started,
I don't know what this means,

I am searching, here, there and far between.
I go up, down, touch the ground.
I can't listen to what you say.

Your poetry and riddles leave me displaced.
Your speeches flowery,
Leaving essence that rank too bleak.

She stands by waiting for your next gracing.
Stone like, I watch this next chasing of the wind.
When storm hits will she know what to do?

Fluttery and flighty the jabberer has no root to it.
Don't get too deep in this prudent lunacy,
Hearing your words I don't know what to do to show you,

What is inside of your head?
What rules that treasurous land?
What was twisted and lacking can not be straightened in this wasteland.

Winter time will cast shadows here and flocks will fly.
Consider the walk of your fate.
As the Roses wither and Die.


recommended listening; Death Cab for Cutie: I Will Follow Into The Dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this poem fran it really speaks to me. just to let you know though i love all of your pieces its just some are a bit long and i cant read all of them lol! by the way i love you girl and wanted to let you know that i am stoaked to help you get ready for the dance! ♥ caitlin