Thursday, September 07, 2006

!Untitled!

The same song played three different ways
The artists themselves float over emerald waves
From a whitened shore my heart cries for them
An abyss of sorrow, too deep
I loved them with my heart
Part of my soul dies as they drift away
Two strangers to each other, taking the same path
Soul mates of mine, meant to fit
As close as friends could be
The water is so deep it almost drowns
“Come back,” I cry dashing along the beach
The wind whispers, “They are children of mine.”
Clouds swirl over head
And I cannot see their figures in the distance
Mist creeps in on a heavy heart
I close my eyes to the hanging haze,
That claws like a cat
I am alone, on the beach
The sunsets in the west
Prayer hovers in notes of the wind
I collect my things
And I see the prints in the sand
Was this only a dream?
And I see the prints in the sand
I hear laughter in the distance, off the shore
As I head home

No comments: